len

From: Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:45 AM

On Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 5:33:03 PM, Claude wrote:

BCLL> On the other hand, it should evolve down to a
BCLL> semi-stable set of stable DTDs or schemas that
BCLL> can be replicated.  Relying on an always connected
BCLL> system is dicey.  That is a recurring pattern of
BCLL> network design:  what to localize/replicate and
BCLL> what to centralize/connect to.

BCLL> Where do catalogs thrive?  It seems to be a best
BCLL> practice question worth thinking about.

I think catalogs do best as a formalized and application-independent
network cache.