Re: Trying to assess the depth of xml:id and c14n incompatibilities

* Elliotte Harold wrote:
>Longer term, I do agree that it's time to deprecate canonical XML and
>start moving the world to exclusive canonicalization or an alternate,
>new algorithm that inherits xml:space, xml:lang, and namespaces declared
>but not anything else (Semi-exclusive canonical XML?) but that's not
>going to happen soon enough to rescue the current xml:id scheme.

If there is any reason to inherit xml:space and xml:lang in the first
place, you'd want to inherit new "inherited" xml:* attributes for the
same reason; depending on how important it is to inherit those, this
would require "updating" the algorithm whenever a new xml:* attribute
appears. That's undesirable and inheriting some inherited attributes
but not all of them is inconsistent, so inheriting xml:lang and xml:
space but not others does not really seem a good solution to me.