Re: Trying to assess the depth of xml:id and c14n incompatibilities

On Feb 12, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:
> Given that the problem exists with today's software that fully
> conforms to the specs, the only thing we can effectively change to
> prevent this is the one piece that isn't released yet. That's xml:id.

I'd like to know what software it affects, how it affects them,
and where the developers want the change to be made.  Often times
this type of specification error is simply not implemented in
practice because it fails the test of common sense (something
that WGs are prone to ignore).

....Roy