Re: on independence of elements, relating versions [XMLVersioning-41]

On Mar 17, 2004, at 4:34 PM, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> As some of you have probably heard me state too often:  it's exactly
> this
> tension between two interesting architectures, both of which we are
> promoting to our users at about the same time, that most concerns me
> about
> the coexistence between XML and RDF.

As I've said, I think that XML makes handy plumbing for serializing RDF
triples.  I think, however, that the existing RDF/XML syntax
aggressively obfuscates the underlying graph to the point that it's a
serious deadweight around RDF's neck.  I've on a number of occasions
proposed a brutally minimalit XML syntax for RDf with only three
elements: resource, property, and value.

I agree 100% with Dan that XML's native tree/sequence data structure is
entirely a red herring for RDF. -Tim