Re: WS-Addressing and URIs

Hi Dan,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 02:05:38PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 09:50, Mark Baker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I believe there to be a rather large Web-architectural flaw with the
> > recent WS-Addressing submission[1] that I wanted to raise with the TAG.
>
> I'd expect you to bring it to the attention of the TAG if you want
> one of the TAG's documents changed. I don't see in your message
> any request to change a TAG document or even to write a new one.

Sorry, I intended it to be implicit in my message that I'd like to raise
an issue.  My apologies for not making that clear.

> Am I missing something?
>
> Where does the WS-Addressing submission direct feedback? Hmm... I don't
> see anything in the SOTD except the generic link to the list
> of acknowledged submissions... if you know enough to look for it,
> you can find the team comment, where Hugo writes...
>
> "Feedback on this technology is encouraged on the www-ws@w3.org mailing
> list (public archive)."
>   -- http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/05/Comment

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  But I think I'm working within the
bounds of documented process to request that the TAG consider
architectural issues with member submissions.  Am I mistaken?

FWIW, I did talk about this with Hugo, but he's been away, and it's
my understanding that discussion is well under way to charter a WG to
develop a WS-Addressing-like specification.  I didn't want to end up
waiting too long to do that.

Mark.