OpenURL

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:07:46 -0800
To: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

These guys have just done a major release, see
http://library.caltech.edu/openurl/Public_Comments.htm

This is *damn* hard reading, I'm not sure I get it, but I kind of think
that they are taking yet another run at the large-scale naming problem.

John Cowan has already filed a public comment pointing out that their
three identification frameworks (ORI, XRI, and URI) can be rolled into
URIs without cost and with substantial benefit, I assume the TAG would
probably agree.
--
Cheers, Tim Bray
         (ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)