Re: [Publication] 27 June 2003 "Architecture of the World Wide Web"

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 10:09, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The 27 June 2003 Working Draft of "Architecture of the World
> Wide Web" [1] is available for comment (changes [2]).
>
>  _ Ian
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20030627
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/webarch/changes

For folks that read the 26 March draft
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20030326/
I think the biggest news is:

  * section 3 on Formats has gone from a list
  of questions to some useful answers to many
  of those questions

  * sections 1 (Intro/about) and 2 (Indentification/URIs)
  have been undergone substantial
  editorial work, with more motivation and some
  story-telling incorporated. Work is proceeding in parallel
  with work on RFC2396bis.

  * section 4 on Interation/Protocols remains embryonic

  * the TAG is considering splitting its scope and issues
  into a part we think we can move forward (to last call etc.)
  with in an architecture document this summer/fall
  and those that we'll tackle after this first go-around.

Are you going to announce this to tag-announce too, Ian?
The change log [2] is very detailed... so detailed that it's
tough to see the forest for all the trees. Please consider
putting a few bullet points such as the above in
the wider announcement. Ah... you already did.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tag-announce/2003Jun/0011.html

Hmm... do you think a follow-up is worthwhile?