RE: xmlIDsemantics reference to xsi:type

xsi:type can give types to elements which can be typed as instances of
xs:ID or xs:IDREF. There is language in the REC discouraging people from
doing this since it is not compatible with DTD functionality.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes to the bone.

rights.