Re: Missing option in xmlIDSemantics-32

On Friday, June 13, 2003, 11:42:19 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JM> I notice that an option seems to be missing from Chris Lilley's draft
JM> TAG finding on IDs in XML [1]. This option was first presented in a
JM> message sent to the TAG list back in Feb [2].

Thanks, I will add it. Not sure whether it fits better as part of the
schema section or as part of the inline section. Tending to the latter
currently, in terms of classification.

JM> I have been promoting this option in the XML Core WG, which has
JM> expressed a desire to base its discussions on the options presented in
JM> the TAG finding.

Um. Considering the options in the tag finding is fine. Saying 'we
should at least consider this option, its in the finding' is fine.

Saying 'we won't consider this option, its not in the finding' is
clearly bogus. Hopefully people are not doing that.

JM>  Adding this option (whether or not it eventually
JM> passes muster) would benefit this discussion.  I hope we can add
JM> something along this line to the next draft of the finding.

I can certainly add it, because I want to get as many options in there
as possible. There should not be any problem discussing it meanwhile.