RE: proposed text on IRIEverywhere-27

Hi Martin,

In the 2nd comparision, if the fully escaped sequences are for comparison
only, I'm not sure why you protected these 14 characters from being %
escaped. Is there a reason why excluding them from the expansion is
neccessary?

> >     - If the group is not a %-group, and if the character is
> >       one of the following 14 characters, then use that character
> >       directly:      % # [ ] ; / ? : @ & = + $ ,
> >       (This will escape characters such as:
> >          SPACE, < > " { } | \ ^ `
> >        It currently not clear whether these will be allowed
> >        as parts of IRIs, but whether they get escaped or not
> >        will not affect the result of the comparison operation
> >        if they are not allowed and therefore don't appear in
> >        input.)

Also, is it clear that only the characters 0-9, a-f and A-F are permissable
following a % ?

> >   - Separate the string into groups. A group consists of
> >     either a '%' and the following two characters (a %-group),
> >     or of a single character that is not part of a %-group.

http://example.org/paris%louvre -> %lo is a group?
http://example.org/names%abraham -> %ab is (intended to be) a group?

[Admittedly not very clever use of %'s]

Thanks,