Re: Valid representations, canonical representations, and what the SW needs from the Web...

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> [...]

I mention using HEAD, because it probably takes less effort to get
some new HTTP headers deployed than a new method. WebDAV/DASL has
almost everything you need, but it requires new methods atop HTTP.

So yes, by all means standardize it. And one of the best ways to
standardize something on the web is to implment on your server, to
solve your problem. Then try to persuade others to follow suit.

Bill de hÓra