RE: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] CLOSED: Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName?

Hi Dan,

<snip/>

> > I don't believe a mapping to URI is necessary when a qname is being
> > used to convey a qualified name!
>
> On the contrary: where we landed follows from web
> architecture principle #1: The identification mechanism for
> the Web is the URI.

I think that was a statement of my personal viewpoint, not a statement of
TAG concensus. I don't think you can say that my viewpoint is different!

Also, I don't I have said anything that goes against architecture principle
#1.

<snip/>

> > I believe that the TAGs intent is that where qnames are used as a
> > means of identifying a Web Resource then there is a burden of the
> > language designer to provide an explicit mapping between qnames used
> > in the context of that language and URI that identify the same
> > resource.
>
> and that where qnames are not used as identifying a Web
> Resource, that's outside of Web Architecture.

So... in either of the following, would you say that the name of the root
element is being used to identify a web resource?

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<root xmlns="http://example.com/myNamespaceName/"/>

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<exns:root xmlns:exns="http://example.com/myNamespaceName/"/>