Re: extens. and versioning comment

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 11:27, Dean Hiller wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I had a comment on the new section on extensibility and versioning.
>  Particularly on these two statements....
> 1. "Must ignore": The agent ignores any content it does not recognize.
> 2. "Must understand": The agent treats markup from an unrecognized
> namespace as an error condition.
>
> I am wondering if we can add one here....(this goes back to my use case
> which I currently know 2 projects using xsd's that way)
> 3. "Must understand items from same namespace but can ignore extensions
> in other namespaces"

Hi Dean,

We discussed this sort of mixing at yesterday's teleconf [1]. I think
we decided to keep the document shorter by not adding more examples.
The extensibility finding may be a better home for this level of
detail.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/01-tag-summary.html

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447