W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > August 2003

[Agenda] 4 Aug 2003 TAG teleconf (Arch Doc, Findings)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 01 Aug 2003 17:34:08 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1059773647.880.91.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The agenda of the 4 August 2003 TAG teleconf is 
available as HTML [1] and as text below.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/04-tag.html

=====================================================

                  Agenda of 4 August 2003 TAG teleconference

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Roll call. Regrets: DO, DC
    2. Accept the [8]21 Jul face-to-face meeting minutes?
    3. Accept the [9]28 Jul teleconf minutes?
    4. Accept this [10]agenda?
    5. Next meeting: 11 August teleconf?

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/21-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/28-tag-summary.html
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/14-tag.html

2. Technical (75min)

   The primary focus of this call will be on the [11]1 August 2003
   Editor's Draft of the Arch Doc.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20030801

  Actions related to Architecture Document

   Note that section numbers of these action items are with respect to
   the [12]draft.

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20030716.html

   Completed actions:
     * Completed action IJ 2003/07/21: Revise text in section 2.1 about
       risk of false negatives in comparing URIs.
     * Completed action IJ 2003/07/21: Reword the good practice note with
       new term for "spelling" based on "character string".
     * Completed action IJ 2003/07/21: Prune instances of "scheme name"
       except when referring to string component before ":"; RF calls
       this "scheme component".
     * Completed action IJ 2003/07/21: Include POST (and other methods)
       as examples of deref methods at beginning of 2.5.
     * Completed action TB 2003/07/21: Continue Oaxaca story for
       beginning of section on messages, showing GET (with details) and
       POST (with details). ([13]Done)
     * Completed action NW 2003/07/21: Rewrite 3.2.2.3 ([14]Done)
     * Completed action IJ 2003/07/21: Produce Editor's Draft Weds or
       Thurs of next week.
     * Completed action TB 2003/07/28: Propose text for architecture
       document that distinguishes "information resource" from other
       types of "resources". ([15]Done)

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0108.html
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0409.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0377.html

   Open action items:
     * Action RF 2003/06/02: Rewrite section 5. Section 5 is expected to
       be short.
     * Action IJ 2003/06/16: Attempt to incorporate relevant bits of
       "[16]Conversations and State" into section to be produced by RF.
     * Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about
       extensibility related to "when to tunnel".
     * Action CL 2003/07/21: Redraw diagram showing relationship between
       URI/Resource/Representation with (1) English words (2) no more
       "isa" arrows; just label objects.
     * Action CL 2003/07/21: Create an illustration of two resources, one
       designated by URI without fragment, and one designated by same URI
       with fragment...
     * Action IJ, CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of
       language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1.
     * Action TBL 2003/07/21: Propose a replacement to "URI persistence
       ...person's mailbox" in 2.6 and continue to revise [17]TBL draft
       of section 2.6 based on TAG's 23 July discussion.
     * Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5 showing
       examples of freenet and other systems.
     * Action TB and CL 2003/07/21: Propose a replacement sentence in
       section 3.2.2.1 regarding advantages of text formats.

     [16] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Conversations
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/webarch/tim

   Action items related to SVG spec that IJ does not intend to continue
   to track here:
     * Action CL 2003/07/21: For SVG 1.2, tighten up language regarding
       use of GET for a element/href attribute. Also, ensure that SVG 1.2
       is clear on CE vs CTE

  Findings in Progress

     * [18]whenToUseGet-7: 9 July 2003 draft of [19]URIs, Addressability,
       and the use of HTTP GET and POST
          + DO said he had additional comments at 21 July 2003 ftf
            meeting.
          + See [20]comments from Noah
     * [21]contentTypeOverride-24: 9 July 2003 draft of [22]Client
       handling of MIME headers
         1. [23]Comments from Roy on charset param
         2. [24]Comments from Philipp Hoschka about usability issues when
            user involved in error correction
         3. [25]Comments from Chris Lilley
     * [26]xmlIDSemantics-32:
         1. [27]Chris Lilley draft finding.
         2. Action CL 2003/06/30: Revise this draft finding with new
            input from reviewers. 7 July Deadline.
     * [28]contentPresentation-26: Action CL 2003/06/02: Make available a
       draft finding on content/presentation.
     * [29]metadataInURI-31: 8 July 2003 draft of "[30]The use of
       Metadata in URIs"
          + Action DO 2003/07/07: Send rationale about why WSDL WG wants
            to peek inside the URI.
          + See also [31]TB email on Apple Music Store and use of URI
            schemes instead of headers
     * [32]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + Action DO 2003/06/23: Point Jonathan Marsh at options. Ask
            them for their analysis.
     * Action IJ 2003/07/21: Update Deep linking finding (i.e., create a
       new revision) with references to [33]German court decision
       regarding deep linking. No additional review required since just
       an external reference.
     * Action IJ 2003/06/09: Turn [34]TB apple story into a finding.

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030709.html
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0297.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0051.html
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0076.html""
     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0113.html
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31
     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0151.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [33] http://juris.bundesgerichtshof.de/cgi-bin/rechtsprechung/document.py?Gericht=bgh&Sort=3&Datum=2003&Art=pm&client=3&Blank=1&nr=26553&id=1058517255.04
     [34] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/04/30/AppleWA

3. Bin

  Identifiers ([35]URIEquivalence-15 , [36]IRIEverywhere-27)

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27

     * [37]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [38]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [39]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs.
          + Action TBL 2003/04/28: Explain how existing specifications
            that handle IRIs are inconsistent. [40]TBL draft not yet
            available on www-tag.
          + See TB's [41]proposed step forward on IRI 27.

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [38] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0074.html
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0090.html

  Qnames, fragments, and media types([42]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6,
  [43]fragmentInXML-28, [44]abstractComponentRefs-37, [45]putMediaType-38)

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

     * [46]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([47]RQ-23).
     * [48]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.
     * [49]abstractComponentRefs-37(discussed [50]above).
     * [51]putMediaType-38

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [47] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/07/21-tag.html#findingsInProgress
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

  New and other Issues requested for discussion. ([52]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33,
  [53]RDFinXHTML-35, [54]siteData-36 plus possible new issues)

     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#siteData-36

   Existing Issues:
     * [55]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     * [56]RDFinXHTML-35
     * [57]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36

     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#siteData-36

   Possible New Issues
     * [58]Visibility of Web Services, raised by Mark Baker
     * [59]Character model conformance, raised by TBL
     * [60]Meaning of URIs in RDF documents, raised by TBL

     [58] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0069.html
     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0009.html
     [60] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0022.html

  Other issues

     * [61]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action TB 2003/04/07: Prepare RDDL Note. Include in status
            section that there is TAG consensus that RDDL is a suitable
            format for representations of an XML namespace. Clean up
            messy section 4 of RDDL draft and investigate and publish a
            canonical mapping to RDF.
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note. See [62]comments from Paul
            regarding TB theses.
          + Refer to draft TAG [63]opinion from Tim Bray on the use of
            URNs for namespace names.
     * [64]uriMediaType-9
          + IANA appears to have responded to the spirit of this draft
            (see [65]email from Chris Lilley).What's required to close
            this issue?
          + Action CL 2003/05/05: Propose CL's three changes to
            registration process to Ned Freed. [What forum?]
     * [66]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [67]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [68]xlinkScope-23
          + See [69]draft, and [70]SW message to CG chairs.
          + Action CL 2003/06/30: Ping the chairs of those groups asking
            for an update on xlinkScope-23.
     * [71]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Action IJ 2003/07/21: Add link from issues list binaryXML-30
            to upcoming workshop
          + Next steps to finding? See [72]summary from Chris.
     * [73]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [74]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [75]charmodReview-17
         1. Completed action IJ 2003/07/14: Move issue 17 to pending
            rather than resolved.
         2. Completed action DC: Remind I18N WG of what we are expecting
            regarding issue 17; send this on behalf of the TAG
            ([76]Done).

     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/07/21-tag#namespaceDocument-8
     [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0046.html
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0003.html
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [65] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0302.html
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [67] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [69] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [72] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [74] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [75] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#charmodReview-17
     [76] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0052.html

Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ and PLH making
       substantial progress on this; hope to have something to show in
       May.

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Norm Walsh and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/08/01 21:31:44 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Friday, 1 August 2003 17:34:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:56:00 UTC