Re: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27.

Julian Reschke wrote:
> The requirements for XMLNS are at
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xml-names11-req-20020403/> and read:
>
> ---
> Namespaces in XML 1.1 will correspond to XML 1.1.

I18N is an absolute core part of XML. Supporting I18N well requires IRIs.

> The changes required for Namespaces in XML 1.0 processors to also process
> Namespaces in XML 1.1 must be as few and as small as possible.

Most (all?) processors use string comparisons, with no URI normalisation.
Introducing IRIs doesn't change that.

> I think changing the syntax for namespace names clearly is outside the scope
> of these requirements.

Then read the requirements for XML, it's all there.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/