RE: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27.

Aren't you guys just arguing about two different definitions of "maximum
effectiveness"?

Tim, you assert that localization is part of max effectiveness.  If the
maximimum effectiveness=maximum # of localization aware people.  But I think
the typing in of <the-name-of-the-store-on-the-corner> is the rub.

Roy I think argues that maximum effectiveness is using non localization,
which appeals to a more international crowd - compared to using
localization.

Certainly I have no idea how I would type in non-ascii characters, so I can
offer at least 1 data point that supports the assertion that localization
limits effectiveness outside the locale.

Seems to me it is in the URI designers choice.  If they want widest possible
global appeal, they use ascii.  If they want the widest possible local
appeal, they use localization.  This is the ever present lowest(worst?)
common denominator situation.

Cheers,
Dave