Re: XPointer [was: First Draft of summary of TAG issue abstractComponentRefs-37]

Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> writes:

> These parts of XPointer are Recs
>
> 25 March 2003: XPointer element() Scheme
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/
> 25 March 2003: XPointer Framework
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/
> 25 March 2003: XPointer xmlns() Scheme
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xmlns/

<snip/>

> Indeed, you cannot even point to an ID except using the bare name
> form.

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but the following is allowed by
xptr-element [1] as a way of "pointing to an ID":

  http://www.example.org/some/where/bogus.xml#element(localID)

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/#model
                      Half-time member of W3C Team