Re: more on URI equivalence

At 10:55 02/10/20 -0700, Larry Masinter wrote:

Joshua wrote:

>#       a) No reliance on "convention" for things like UTF-8 encoding,
># etc.  There are way too many different and often contradictory
># conventions available for edge cases like internationalization.

First, internationalization isn't an edge case.

Second, there are edge cases in internationalization, but there
are also edge cases without it. Casing is a typical example.
The ambiguities around 0/O and I/l/1 are another.

>I don't think we should ever rely on "convention" without "specification".
>The W3C-I18N group schedule for completion of the IRI draft is
>aggressive, and I'm sure they can use some help.
>http://www.w3.org/International/Group/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.txt
>comments to www-i18n-comments@w3.org.

With the recent rechartering of the Internationalization Working Group,
we have changed this. The editing version is now at:
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.txt,
and comments should go to www-international@w3.org.
But please send them in very, very soon, or you may have to wait
for IETF last call.

Regards,     Martin.