Re: now://example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

Miles Sabin wrote:
> Paul Prescod wrote,
>
>>I don't believe that universal URN registration schemes will be
>>widely deployed. I've been wrong before, but even if I am, wouldn't
>>it be funny if people flee away from HTTP to schemes that "do not
>>imply dereference" and then sometime in the future they imply
>>dereference.
>

> They already _support_ dereference ... see DDDS.

They don't support dereference on any computer I have access to, nor
those of most of my customers. I expect that to be the situation into
the future.

> ... Whether or not they end
> up supporting an _expectation_ of dereferencability is an entirely
> different question.

If dereferencing them becomes easy and common, then people will expect
them to be dereferencable. Otherwise not.

  Paul Prescod