Re: XHTML & hyperlinking opinions (long, sorry)

Champion, Mike wrote:
>>I think disagreement should be accompanied by examples:
>>"here's a better way ...
>

> In a situation where a particular solution is widely deployed and solving
> real problems daily, I would totally agree that the burden of proof is on
> those who disagree with it.  But in the current discussion, it's HTML that's
> widely deployed and solving real problems

Except for HTML doesn't have multi-ended or metadata-loaded or
out-of-band links.  I'm suggesting that it would be a good idea to add
them, and proposing XLink as a way to do it.  I think reasonable
disagreements are of the form "no, that's not a valuable thing to add"
or "yes, but here's a better way to do it."

Sorry for not being clear. -Tim