Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:58:49 -0400
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, www-tag@w3.org
Before this gets out of hand, I suggest we take this off-line to
www-talk, if anybody's up for beating this dead horse again.

Quick response to Julian; yes, I consider XML Namespaces broken in this
respect.  I have requested that XML Schema 2.0(?) add a datatype for
URIs (anyURI is for URI references).  Clearly the W3C isn't ready to
fix the problem yet, but at least we can prepare for that time by
establishing this new type.

MB