Re: SOAP breaks HTTP?

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Yes, I know the history, but we're talking about the *first* W3C version
> of this specification, right? Why should the W3C be bound by the history
> of the specification when it was run by Microsoft, IBM and others in the
> smoke-filled room. What does that say about the W3C process if large
> companies can design a technology, hold it at arms length until it gets
> some uptake and then hand it over to the W3C and say: "You'd better not
> change this much, it's already widely implemented." Who is in the
> driver's seat?

I want to point out that this is not a flame against Microsoft, IBM,
etc.. They did what they thought their customers needed. Now it is the
W3C's job to figure out what their customers need, i.e. the users of the
Web. If the two do not coincide then maybe SOAP-HTTP-RPC should remain a
de facto rather than de jure standard.

 Paul Prescod