RE: SOAP breaks HTTP?

When we say that SOAP "breaks" HTTP, does this mean:

1) that SOAP does not work over HTTP?
2) that SOAP's HTTP binding violates MUST clauses in the HTTP spec?
3) that RPC (assuming that people get confused between SOAP and the
particular synchronous HTTP binding that people normally use) over HTTP
is expressly forbidden? (Which, BTW, is completely separate issue from
SOAP)
4) that RPC over HTTP violates someone's opinions about how web systems
SHOULD be developed (which BTW I tend to agree with, so no need to
preach to the converted on this particular design preference)
5) that SOAP breaks when used over HTTP that has intermediaries?