Re: section 1, intro, for review

"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:

> It wouldn't be less useful.  The point is that it would gain nothing
> from doing so.  It is a store and forward messaging system -- the application
> consists of delivering the message, that's all.

If you were tasked with inventing a protocol for fetching mail from a
remote server, would you choose to make it a specialization of HTTP or
not? I'm not asking whether there is sufficient cost/benefit to replace
POP, IMAP, etc. Probably there is not. I'm asking how you decide when to
invent a new application protocol or just use HTTP.

 Paul Prescod