RE: Space Varying URIs in Summary: Section 2: What does a URI id entify?

Interesting questions...

With respect to caching infrastructure and representations retrived from
cache then I think there's something of a trade-off between degree of global
consistency, latency and scalability. What I think you get is a
representation of the resource you asked for, although it my be a little
stale, and your 'view' of that resource might not be entirely consistent
with the view that you see from elsewhere (or at a different time).

Need to think more about the other case with delayed DNS updates.

Stuart