Re: Summary: Section 2: What does a URI identify?

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 15:20, Paul Grosso wrote:
> However, you are talking about empty URI references which isn't
> the current topic.
>
> Instead, read the appropriate part about "5.2. Resolving Relative
> References to Absolute Form".  Specifically, the second step of
> the algorithm:
>
>   2) If the path component is empty and the scheme, authority, and
>       query components are undefined, then it is a reference to the
>       current document and we are done.
>
> I don't find that ambiguous at all.

I find the statement unambiguous but I'm not sure how you mean it.

Are you suggesting (which I suspect) that:
http://simonstl.com/#

is in fact the same as:
http://simonstl.com/

and if so, do you accept the use of http://simonstl.com/# as something
different from http://simonstl.com/ ?

Just looking for a clarification, to the extent that clarity has any
meaning in this area.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!