Re: SOAP and State (was: Re: No consensus on draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7))

On Thursday 25 April 2002 07:56 pm, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Do you think that maybe Joel is on to something here? Nobody has
> ever deployed a programming language, remote procedure system,
> database or programming runtime without *SOME SUPPORT FOR REFERENCES
> TO STATE FRAGMENTS*.

You don't need to refer to state...combinators being a prime
example. I would further argue that a lot of the success of the web is
due to the lack of state.... and that many issues are caused by
(poorly) adding state. There's also no reason why a SOAP invocation
couldn't, in effect, return a continuation.