Re: No consensus on draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

N.B. - Reply-to set to dist-app, as that seems like a more appropriate
place to discuss specific, non-architectural issues.

On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 09:29  PM, Tim Bray wrote:

> BTW, I've never had a web app break when GETting because the URL
> was too long... my impression is that modern servers like Apache
> and IIS basically don't care any more.  Section 3.2.1 of HTTP 1.1
> doesn't give much help.

Intermediaries very commonly place a limit on the length of
request-URIs, despite 3.2.1's characterisation of this behaviour as
being typical of 'older implementations.' See [1].

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Aug/0259.html

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/