Re: end tag

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:21:43 -0400
To: Fabian Hombsch <fabian@hombsch.de>
CC: www-tag@w3.org
Fabian,

The TAG hasn't really started up yet, but your message
is archived and will be considered once the TAG is up and
running.

In the meantime, you may wish to pursue this on an
XML developer list (or consult whether something like this
has already been proposed). One relevant forum mentioned on the
XML home page [1] is xml-dev@xml.org [2].

Thanks for sending your comment,

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/#xml-dev

> Fabian Hombsch wrote:
>
> Just wanted to propose "</>" as universal end tag.
> I´ts a lot of work to write everything twice in HTML.
> anyways,
> so there´s always only one start tag to be terminated.
> Thanx, Max

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447