Re: Resource discovery: limits of URIs

From: Asynch Messaging <asynch_messaging@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:45:34 -0800
To: "Peter Pappamikail" <peter@pappamikail.net>, <www-tag@w3.org>
> From: "Peter Pappamikail" <peter@pappamikail.net>

[...]
> However, with the exception of the language version - that might,
depending on the
> server infrastructure, serve up a version according to my indicated
preferences set in
> the browser - the "discovery" of the full URL cannot be deducted
algorithmically from
> the content identifier. A couple of examples to demonstrate my concern
more clearly:
[...]

Peter,
These are issues that I run into as well - but I'm not sure a UCI would
solve the non-technical aspects of the problem. If programmers could build a
system that 'wrapped' a UCI and translated it into a content/device/language
specific URI then they would just be able use that same system with an
incoming URI.

A.M.