Is Scalable Vector Graphics version 2 still under development?

From: Bryan Dunphy <b.dunphy.342@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 09:46:08 -0500
Cc: Bryan Dunphy <b.dunphy.342@gmail.com>
To: www-svg@w3.org
The version 2 spec says “Candidate Recommendation 04 October 2018” which is quite some time ago.

Is this spec still under development or abandoned? Should I be concerned with it if I developing a (most likely static - no scripting support) SVG viewer plugin for a multi-device, cross platform programming language that should be future ready?