Re: [svg-animation] SVG Animations Level 2 vs. Appendix D: Animating SVG Documents

Hi Jan,

I just discovered your email in the archives & realized that no one ever
gave an answer. Sorry about that.

The Animations Level 2 spec you point to would be a separate spec, yes.  It
consists of a slightly-updated version of the animation elements chapter
from SVG 1.1. It was separated out from the main SVG spec to be published
in parallel to it, as an optional SVG feature.  This was a reflection of
reality — some major SVG implementations had no support or were discussing
removing their support for the animation elements.  But we didn't want to
just drop the content, either.

It was supposed to be published as a separate working draft, but I guess
that never happened! I'll bring that up at our next teleconference.

Either way, however, it is separate from the appendix D to the main spec,
which lists out the many different animation options that can integrate
with SVG — including a link to this spec.

Best,
Amelia Bellamy-Royds