Re: SVG2 CR 2016/2018

Hello,

I have no account at this github.

And the CR 2016 recommends: 'Comments can be sent to www-svg@w3.org'
The current CR notes: 'Comments can be raised as GitHub issues (preferred), or
alternatively be sent to www-svg@w3.org'.
Because there is no need for an additional account, this mailing list should
be the preferred method to avoid additional barriers.

Anyway, most of the open issues are about missing required features.
I did not have a detailed look into the current CR, but I think, there are
even more required new features removed.
And after starting asking about some features in 2016 it did not even finish to
ask through the complete list, because it was obvious, that noting only a few
open issuse, the CR was far away from beeing ready, the same for the current
CR.

I think, there is no need really to add something again and again to such a
github list, because the working group has already a list of new features
identified to be required for SVG 2 for years now.
If the working group does not care to work on this, there is presumably a low
chance that they will work on a similar list, just because it is now githubed
;o)
Problems are not solved, if they are only moved from one list to another or if
they are deferred to infinity ;o)
This results only in yet another draft or maybe even worse a useless CR or PR.

Olaf

Dirk Schulze: