Re: Creating a full circle with one arc command

On Thu, 2018-05-24 at 13:25 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> [...]

> In addition to the rounding issues
> you've already found, both points have to lie on the circle, and when
> they're that close together a very tiny perturbation can have a large
> visible effect on the orientation of the circle.

Sure - the context is what would happen if we redefined 360 to allow a
full circle - there's no mileage in 0, as you noted - and the WG
already agreed to this in principle it seems.

> The most stable way to do a full circle is with two half-circle arcs,
> because it's maximally resistant to such perturbations, and quite
> easy
> to compute where the endpoint should go without trig.

Or use the circle element, as appropriate. Yes. Thanks.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG