Re: New member from Microsoft Corp.

Thanks Bogdan,

Glad to be aboard and looking forward to helping land SVG2 as a Rec.

I already know a number of you from my Opera days (Rest in peace Presto's
wonderful SVG implementation), where I was a member of the SVG IG, and
founded what I believe to be the first dev relations team focused on web
technologies and the browser. It was this that lead me to first become
interested in and learn SVG (with many many questions answered by Erik!)
This was a time when I'd hear web designers on stage at conferences wonder
why they'd ever want to use SVG and what the use cases were. Times change.
Even my Fitbit watch runs SVG. I also lead the dev tools (Opera Dragonfly)
team from the PM side, where we had so many interesting discussions about
SVG tooling in the browser.

After this I represented Motorola on the CSS working group. This was during
the time that Google bought Motorola and we had our own WebKit fork and
development team.

Fast forward to today, and I'm joining the SVG working group as a member of
the Microsoft Web Platform Team (my 3rd browser engine!). I'm on the DOM
team, which primarily focuses on core HTML and DOM. I've recently been
involved with aligning our type system with the spec and other browsers,
including exposing features such as getElementByClassName, focus(), blur(),
dataset, global event handlers, etc. to SVG.

I'm looking forward to working with you all and getting SVG2 done!

David