Re: [paint] Publishing FPWD of Fill and Stroke Module

I think the Fill and Stroke module has incorporated all the text from the
SVG Strokes module (with additional changes), so SVG Strokes as a separate
spec is effectively discontinued.  It should probably be replaced by a note
pointing to the new spec.

As the spec gets more advanced, we can probably discuss deferring some
features to a Level 4, based on implementer interest.  I don't see a
purpose in doing that pre-emptively.  If we remove the features now, we're
definitely not going to get implementer interest.

On 2 June 2017 at 08:46, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> Adobe Illustrator is able to mix fill and strokes. This would not be
> possible with this draft and I wonder how this could be supported in the
> future if we allow layered fills and stroke as specified.

Can you explain what you mean?  If you mean "mix" as in "mix-blend-mode",
I've got an issue for that here & I think it's just waiting on someone
drafting up the text & filing a pull request:
https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/134

If you mean "mix" as in mix up the paint-order (fill 1, stroke 1, fill 2,
stroke 2), that's something I've discussed previously in SVG WG but without
getting a final proposal.  It would need to be implemented as an extension
of `paint-order`, since browsers already support `paint-order`.  You could
start the debate by filing an issue that describes what is possible in
Illustrator.