Re: New SVG WG Charter

Hi, Amelia–

You know this already, from the SVG WG telcons, but I thought I'd expand
on it here.

This charter is a short-term (1 year rather than 2 year) "extension" to
let us focus on finishing SVG 2.

At some future point, we might consider closing the SVG WG and replacing
it with a Graphics WG. That future point might be 6 months, a year,
several years, or never.

Personally, I like the idea of a Graphics WG that would help unify or
normalize features between SVG and Canvas, including perhaps a single
shared Web Graphics API, but that's not the intended scope of this
particular charter.

Regards–
Doug