How does <view> work for SVG embedded into HTML?

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 10:46:22 +0200
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Recently I've created an example for the <view> element on MDN[1],
though clicking the links doesn't have any effect, but if the SVG is
saved as standalone file and or embedded via an <object> element, it
works fine. I've observed this behavior in Firefox 49.0.1, Chrome 53.0
and Opera 40.0.

So I was wondering whether that's expected behavior. I assume that is
because in case of embedded SVG the fragment identifier is attached to
the URL of the HTML document instead of the SVG.
If that's the reason, how can the <view> element take effect in
embedded SVG then?

Sebastian

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Element/view#Example