Re: SVG document types

> On 23 Nov 2016, at 12:59 AM, James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de> wrote:
>

> Namespaces and file types are closely related concepts, but I'd prefer not to have to override the namespace declaration. Is there a better alternative?

You could use a custom data attribute on the SVG element to indicate that this file is your own particular variant of SVG and must conform to your schema - which could be defined and documented elsewhere for producer/consumer apps.
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/struct.html#DataAttributes

Nikos.
The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.