Re: What is SVGGraphicsElement.getBBox() expected to return for textPaths and tspans?

Hi Kari,

> On 15 Jan 2016, at 6:15 PM, Kari Pihkala <kari.pihkala@gmail.com> wrote:

> <Nikos.Andronikos@cisra.canon.com.au>:
>> To answer your first question, for getBBox() on textPath and tspan, the
>> expected result is the bounding box of the glyphs within the respective
>> textPath or tspan element.
>
> The bounding box calculation of text elements uses the terms "glyph
> cell" and "full glyph cell". I assume textPath and tspan also uses
> them.
>
> Can you add clear definitions for "glyph cell" and "full glyph cell"
> to the spec? Thay haven’t been defined anywhere and there has been
> some confusion what they mean [1][2].

I agree these terms need a clear definition.
I’ve added the topic to the agenda for the upcoming F2F.

> Thanks,
> Kari
>
> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2007Feb/0017.html

> [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2014Mar/0030.html

Nikos.

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.