Re: semantic level of SVG usage

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 22:13, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) <seanmmur@cisco.com> wrote:
> Is there any examples of accessible diagrams using SVG? ...

My wiki page on accessible diagrams of graphs contains several versions
of a seven-node graph: image, descriptive text, DOT, and Cypher.  I don't
know how well any of these approaches would scale to a larger graph.

What I can say is that most diagrams of graphs become hard to interpret
visually as the number of nodes increases past a dozen or so.  With very
few exceptions (e.g., architectural and circuit diagrams, maps), a graph
with more than 100 nodes mostly results in "wow, isn't that complicated".

So, my take is that some sort of interactive navigation is the only real
answer to absorbing large graphs.  That said, feel free to give feedback
on the versions in the page:

  http://wiki.cfcl.com/Projects/AxAp/Graphs

And, if you think of anything that might work better, bring it up!

-r

 --
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm@cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation