Re: Supporting an option deforming algorithm for <textPath>?

From: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:26:03 +1000
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>, David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>, Paul LeBeau <paul.lebeau@gmail.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
For the record:

Corel's SVG viewer did support the method="stretch" and totally did what
is expected. i.e. the 1.0 spec was perfectly adequate, browser implementers
get lazy:-)

My viewer did BIDI on textPath as well as proper SMIL animation of the text
path which both WebKit & Blink fail miserably on.

Agreed this is useful, and already specc'ed, the hard part is convincing
engineers to write the code for modern browsers...

Alex