Fwd: Alternate ways of referencing

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:40:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Alternate ways of referencing
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

I've fooled with dynamically creating dimension objects in script to
good effect.   If the string functionality is successfully addressed,
c:printf() type float formatting could be considered, either inline or
alternatively as a higher level CSS property.

<text style="format:0.2;">
   <tspan>Diameter: </tspan>
   <tspan content="calc(var(--radius)*2)"/>
</text>

I don't know if this is addressed in your spec, but I could see very
functional declarations becoming quite complex.  if it were possible
to somehow declare and/or modify --variables on the fly much
complexity could be reduced.  Nothing elegant comes to mind.

--
Education is what you get when you read the fine print
Experience is what you get when you don't.