Re: Reference CSS Values and Units instead of specifying <length> in SVG (was: Re: Minutes, 15 jan 2015 SVG call)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, it occurred to me a long time ago.

Could it be possible to have one length (or other) value tied to
another in the following fashion?

<rect id="rect_1" width="6" height="6"/>
<rect id="rect_2" width="url(#rect_1):width" height="12"/>

There are many ways this could be encoded, the objective, to tie the
value of one attribute to the value of another using a declarative
method in a fashion similar to <use>, but at the attribute level.

--
Education is what you get when you read the fine print
Experience is what you get when you don't.