Re: purpose of recommendations and version indication for authors (was: Animating SVG with CSS)

On Sep 20, 2014, at 1:42 AM, L2L 2L <emanuelallen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I LOVE IT WHEN MY SIMPLE QUESTIONS ADD COMPLICITY TO THE SITUATION!!!!
>
> For get canvas!!!
>
> SVG tag itself is a canvas!!! And a easy one at that! -- you can attach event on the element and not have to pin point where the user mouse/finger are--
>
> The problem is, there is no defined way to know--with out knowing SVG-- of what attribute to use... What I'm saying is, we design a spec that will act as a guide for developers to follow that will allow SVG programming in the scripting language all together.... Um, like adding all tag element via script, that way we avoid the ideal of having to parse every element to manipulate.

We have a specification that defines the behavior of SVG. It is called SVG 1.1. You can easily create your own library on top of JS and SVG that has the design of HTML Canvas but the object orientation of SVG that you wish. Scripting is your desire after all it seems.

This forum is open for questions, suggestions and discussions related to SVG, and more over, we very much welcome feedback.

I am sure that the SVG community understood your request. And we are thankful for your contribution. Sending mails with the same content over and over again must be considered as noise though. Noise makes the mailing list less attractive. Sending the same request with different email titles and even hijack other threads for your idea is disrespectful. If you have new proposals or questions, you are welcome to ask them on this list. I kindly ask you to stick with your “canvas” idea to your original email thread you started weeks ago.

Greetings,
Dirk