Re: On the connectors examples - is this intended in the 'use with symbols' example?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Smailus, Thomas O
<Thomas.O.Smailus@boeing.com> wrote:
> Not sure where I should have posted this, but as it piqued my interest in
> the HTML / SVG WG joint meeting...
>
> In http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/CONNECTORS/index.xhtml
>
> There is an example of problems with symbols, and Figure 5 – use with
> symbols.
>
> The use of circular, which appear to be associated with the in and out
> points on the AND gates.
>
> Circles mean something in logic gate diagrams – negating the signal.  So an
> AND gate may or may not have a negated input and/or output.
>
> How would this work in a logic diagram where we have an AND gate where we
> specify a gate (do we need to have the combinatorial explosion of gates
> defined when using circle or non-circle terminators)?

The example Tav gave was incomplete; it did not include the styling
that assigned the markers, so it wasn't clear where the circles came
from.

In a full example, the 'marker' property would have been used (or the
equivalent presentational attribute).  You can also control the
start/end marker independently with properties, so you can have the
circle be present/absent as you choose without having to create four
versions of a connector.

~TJ