Re: Some questions regarding transformations in SVG

Rik Cabanier wrote:
> I'm unsure what you're trying to achieve with such a response.
> Maybe you can try again but without the ad-hominem attacks?

I seriously answered all your questions without any attacks. What I just
doubt is that someone who (according to the website describing his
affiliation - see
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/author_bios/rik-cabanier.html - one of the
hits on the first page when searching for "Rik Cabanier" with Google)
"Rik Cabanier is a Senior Computer Scientist on Adobe's Web Standards
team. He is currently working on SVG and CSS Blending and Compositing.
Prior to joining the Web Standards team, he contributed to various
products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat." does
not know Illustrator and Photoshop and its capabilities of providing
perspective transform ... and if you really don't, then I even gave you
the answer without any irony, sarcasm, or "ad-hominem attack", stating
that "perspective transform" is supported by Adobe Illustrator and Adobe
Photoshop (among others, but I assume that you have access to those
software products at your office), according to an appropriate Google
search which I did. But sorry, I will not be able to help you with those
products and tell you how you might achieve the "perspective transform"
with them, since I do neither use Adobe Illustrator nor Adobe Photoshop.
I tend to use GIMP, sometimes, and that's what I mentioned as well. And
I know that GIMP can do some sort of a "perspective transformation" and
how to achieve it. The rest of my statement about matrix transformation
was, as I also mentioned, made by me with regard to another statement in
the same thread made by another person.

Sorry if you feel attacked when I assume that someone who contributed to
a software product should know about the capabilities of that product
and its usage! My honest apologies!

Juergen Roethig