Re: SVG Hinting requirements proposal published

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Bogdan Brinza <bbrinza@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>  Hi SVG WG,
>

> Thanks again for having us on last TPAC meeting! I’ve published SVG
> hinting requirements first draft on Proposals wiki here:
> https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Proposals/SVG_hinting - I’ll keep
> this updated as new input data, proposed solutions, informational links and
> options come. Let me know if you have any immediate comments.
>

> I’ll follow up with other related actions this week, hopefully by this
> week’s telecon to discuss action for taking SVG 2 LCWD.

Thanks for writing this up!

The article on pixel fitting [1] is similar to my proposal to always round
path points and line widths so they land on whole screen pixels.
Flash had something similar to avoid fuzzy strokes [2].

CSS already rounds lines to whole pixels to avoid AA artifacts so there
must already be some platform support for this.

1: http://dcurt.is/pixel-fitting
2: http://blog.kaourantin.net/?p=21