Re: SVG.innerHTML

David Dailey wrote:
> My question: is this just a coincidence that it works right now in three
> browsers? Will it stop working in the future or might we expect that
> Safari and IE might one time join the others? I rather like being able
> to do this, since it simplifies the job of teaching.

innerHTML is now defined in the DOM Parsing and Serialization specification:

   http://domparsing.spec.whatwg.org/#extensions-to-the-element-interface

As it is defined to extend Element it must also be available on SVG
elements.

After some brief digging, I can see that innerHTML was moved from
HTMLElement to Element happened in 2011:

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2011/005690.html