Re: [css-images] Generated noise image

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM, David Dailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net> wrote:
> Not sure why this should be a CSS thing instead of a filter or
> filter-attribute. Would it be useable as a part of a standard filter chain
> in SVG?

SVG's filter system, for some weird historical reason, has a few
"filters" that are actually paint servers - they have no inputs, and
generate an image.  Turbulence is one, for example.

Rather than add new filters that commit the same mistake, we've
discussed just adding them as paint servers (or in CSS parlance,
<image> values).  You can then use them in a filter chain as normal,
by painting an input with them.  It's possible that we can make it
easier to use a paint server more directly in a filter chain, too.

~TJ